Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Houston Pics

We were in Houston for a funeral, so I really didn't get out to take too many pics. We did get out once to take my son to the park & burn some energy. We went to Tamarac Park in The Woodlands. This park is behind the elementary school I attended & it has a special place in my heart. This marker dedicated in 1984 tells the story of the lumber mill town that once was here. (click for a larger size with readable text)

Tamarac Park Dedication Sign

We were there for about an hour & everyone had a good time. Fun with mom tells it all.

Fun with Mom

Noah was everywhere & I took a lot of pics of him of course.

Climbing up to Slide

He even got my brother into the act. He rode down to Houston for the funeral & it made the trip a little easier.

Tom and Noah

This random kid came up & started playing with Noah.

Noah and Kid

He was this little guys brother from what I could tell.

Noah and Little Kid

The fun continued...

Sliding

DSC_8887

DSC_8871

My brother did get a little carried away with the fun. (I yelled at him for doing this!!!)

DSC_8899

Yes, there were some animals around too.

DSC_8909

Heron

DSC_8979

After we left the park we went for lunch at James Coney Island and had many hot dogs.

DSC_8861

When we were leaving my brother had to do three things at once. (drink, smoke, talk)

DSC_8863

After we left we saw this massive shoe at the red light. Noah got quite a kick out of it. I'm imagining the stink.

Red Shoe Crew

Enjoy Life.

BBB

No comments: