Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Rangers Opening Day 2005

Yes, I made it this year. Last year I missed the best game eva, but never again. Of course they lost this year, but there are 162 games in a season. I could see it coming... my loss sensing skills are second to none since I was born in Houston and lived through years of oiler & astro torment. We started at Chris' house, drove to pick up tickets at Preston & 635, then to pickup one more person. This was my designated driver. (at least on the way)

Blair

Here's part of our group waiting near mockingbird & 35 for someone to change clothes. That was the last stop then we were finally off to the game.

Waiting on Bentley

It was supposed to be a more civilized version of our prior opening days. It was no different. Beer, beer, beer and more beer. Don't worry, we had designated drivers. We started with a tailgate party with hotdogs & burgers of course. This is Todd, the cook, talking to upchuck girl before the game. I can' remember her name (no reason to) and just remember her puking outside the car after the game.

Todd and Upchuck Girl

Here's a shot of Bentley.

Bentley

This is the very ugly Chris who I've known since 1987.

Chris

The truck doors served fine as urinal cover.

Whizzer

Oh yeah, there was a baseball game too. We ended up on the home run porch. I hate sitting up there... we were planning better seats but I guess someone complained so we went cheap again. Next year I'm buying my own tickets and we'll split up after the tailgate party. I was able to shoot at 300mm and get some ok shots. I would have liked to have been closer though. I'm used to better seats. Enough whining.

DSC_1702

I think this is Blalock getting brushed back. (below)

DSC_1705

Angels right-fielder.

DSC_1690

Maybe Blalock again?

DSC_1711

Play at the plate.

DSC_1815

Here's another shot of Bentley.

Bentley

Play at 1st.

DSC_1845

Continued play at 1st.

DSC_1846

And that was that. The Rangers lost after leading through the late innings. We ended up tailgating for 2 hours after the game, which pretty much wore me out.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are lucky that close-up of Chris didn't break your camera. If I were you I wouldn't tempt fate like that again.